Thursday, May 28, 2009

Upcoming B'day

The lovable 'brat' is going to be 4 on June 5. I had bought a B'day card for him and mailed it to the Indian address where he is, most probably, staying with his mother. Neither I nor the US State Department could locate my son in India in the ten months since his being taken out of the US.

As I think about his upcoming B'day, I could not help coming to the sad realization that I had already missed out on 25% of his young life (ten and a half month now and a month back in 2006) due to him being forcefully taken/kept away from me. I keep wondering if I have been completely wiped off his memory. My friends and well wishers keep reassuring me that he will remember me and recongnize me instantly when he sees me next. I sure hope they are right.

When will I see him next? Now that is a million dollar question. I am doing everything in my power to make it happen as soon as I can. But there are still hurdles to cleared. In the meantime, as always, I hope he is in sound health and good spirits.

No comments: