Thursday, October 2, 2008

Another day

Though yesterday was fairly good, last night was not so good. I spent it thinking of all the things my son and I are not able to do together. Hug him, kiss him, tickle him, let him climb all over me, play with him, help him with his Jigsaw puzzles and alphabets, take him to the swing set, walking in the park with him, letting him throw pebbles ('rocks' in his lingo) into the lake, cook for him, feed him, bathe him, get him dressed up. I was tempted to hook up the Camcorder to the TV and watch his latest Video (from June/July). Didn't think it would help...thought it might make me miss him more and managed not to give into the temptation.

I also remembered all the cute things he used to say, in English and Telugu. How he used to try and form proper sentences and make me proud with his intelligence. God knows how much more vocabulary he picked up during his time in India. He must have vastly improved his Telugu vocabulary. I hope he is able to continue to improve his English vocabulary as well. Not having spoken to him or heard his voice in more than two and a half months, I have no way of knowing for sure. All I can do is make the most educated guess based on the linguistic skills he exhibited so far.

I know he will be back here in the US. I know we will be able to do all the things we used to do before he was taken to India. The battle is about 'when'. Anguish is over how many roadblocks lie ahead. The occasional sadness is over why my son and I have to go through this ordeal (forced separation from each other) for the second time in the past two and a half years.

No comments: