Monday, October 13, 2008

Another weekend goes by

For some inexplicable reason, I told myself last Friday that Anand would be back over the weekend. He was not brought back. But it made the weekend a little easier to bear. Looks like I am building defense mechanisms that are not entirely rational. What other choice do I have? Anything to get through another day.

Today I heard the saved voicemail on my cell phone in which he calls out my name from his car seat. It has been so long (88 days) since I heard his voice live. Does he miss me as much as I miss him? At his age, he probably doesn't. If he does, I am certain he is building his own defenses to deal with it. I just hope he is in sound health and good spirits. We didn't name him Anand ('Bliss' in Sanskrit) for no reason!

No comments: